NERBNA 2018 Scholarship Cycle Now Open!
This announcement has 1 attachment:
The members of the New England Regional Black Nurses Association, Inc. Scholarship Committee are pleased to offer you the opportunity to apply for scholarship assistance as you pursue your academic career.
We are committed to supporting minorities of African descent (according to federal guidelines) for education in the field of nursing. Our communities need health care providers who understand the issues and the strategies that will promote effective change in the health status of people of African descent.
The New England Regional Black Nurses Association, Inc. (NERBNA) is committed to supporting minorities of African descent as they pursue their education in the field of nursing. As such NERBNA is pleased to offer the following academic scholarships to assist students in achieving their educational goals.
Scholarships available include:
- Mary Eliza Mahoney Scholarship: Awarded to a high school senior student seeking to pursue a baccalaureate degree in nursing. Students must be accepted and registered as a full-time student at an NLN accredited program.
- Francis W. Harris: Awarded to a full-time student enrolled in a NLN accredited nursing program at the associate or baccalaureate level.
- Jessica M. Blanding Memorial Scholarship: awarded to a license practical nurse pursuing an associate or baccalaureate degree from an NLN accredited nursing program.
- The Maxine V. Fennell/ Robin Gaines Memorial Scholarship: Awarded to licensed registered nurses (RN) enrolled at an NLN accredited program for a bachelor, masters or doctoral degree in nursing or public health.
- E. Lorraine Baugh Scholarship: Awarded to Masters or Doctoral candidate that demonstrates strong leadership qualities and is committed to the Black community.
- Joanne Prince Scholarship Fund: Awarded to students who are in certified nursing assistants programs who are going on to nursing school, high school students who are entering the field of nursing, and nursing students who are interested in the field of gerontology.
Please visit the Scholarship tab/page for more information.
DEADLINE: Friday February 16, 2018 at 5pm