Registered Nurse Nights New
Boston Health Care for the Homeless Program Website
No recruiters please
The RN will provide nursing support for respite patients throughout the BHCHP program. This position is crucial to assure that clinically appropriate and timely decisions are made and actions are taken around patient assessments, administering of medications, treatments and overall patient care.
Essential Duties: Direct Nursing Care:
- Direct nursing care of patients on assigned team to ensure that all needs of the patients are met, in conformance with established policies and procedures, as well as DPH rules and regulations.
- Responsible for accurate assessments and documentation, reporting to appropriate personnel as indicated (i.e., on-call provider, nurse manager, Director of Nursing, etc.)
- Responsible for administering medications and treatments to all the patients assigned to his/her Team skillfully and correctly, documenting per policy.
- Observe and report any adverse reactions.
- Responsible for updating and maintaining accurate treatment records, flow sheets and vaccine administration, documenting appropriately
- Participate actively in New Patients Rounds, Team Rounds, and all other Team meetings
- Responsible for giving and receiving report at change of shift; checking narcotics and related drug supplies per policy; sign appropriate forms.
- Responsible for taking off orders accurately, per policy.
- Responsible for assigning specific tasks and directing Respite Aides, and giving report on patients' needs.
- Maintains a professional approach with confidentiality.
- Maintains the standards of accurate and complete recording and reporting.
- Ensuring that the clinical record for each patient on his/her Team is current and accurate.
- Qualifications: Education and Experience: • Commonwealth of Massachusetts RN license • Minimum of 2 years nursing experience preferred • Experience with underserved population preferable
BHCHP employees that are interested in this position should notify Human Resources in writing within 10 days of posting date.
If you are interested in this position please forward your cover letter and resume to our Human Resources department. Our preferred method of submission is through email to firstname.lastname@example.org with a subject of RN-BMH Night. One can also fax (857)654-1095 or mail to HR, BHCHP, 780 Albany Street, Boston, MA 02118.
An Equal Opportunity Employer.